There are several elements that require examination and consideration before choosing a digital business card supplier.
1. Design and quality of work – first of all, we need to think from the customer’s point of view – what does he get from us and do we look the way we would like to look. A recommended and good digital business card will correspond with your brand in a way that will compliment your brand or even elevate it, and if you do not have branding, marketing materials or even a logo, it is critical that you choose an experienced company that knows how to produce excellent results even in such situations.
2. Responsiveness – at least 25% of the traffic to our business cards comes from desktop computers and not from phones. Sometimes these are customers who received the business card as a signature in an email or who have their WhatsApp open on their computer. It sounds like an obvious thing but in practice many business cards do not look good in a WEB browser and this is something that should be paid attention to. Check that the business card looks good on the computer as well.
3. Seniority and stability of the company that provides the business cards – we need to remember that a digital business card sits on another company’s servers, and like any company in the world, this company will also have technical difficulties.
Facebook crashes once/twice a year, WhatsApp crashes at least once a year. This is a natural thing and no company in the world is free from mishaps.
There are many companies that offer digital business card services. An old company that specializes in digital business cards has been through failures and knows how to deal with them in a fast and professional manner, and has built hundreds and thousands of business cards so that it knows how to deal with failures and load on servers especially after it accumulates hundreds of customers.
We have often received inquiries from customers who had business cards in the past but the company that made them no longer exists. That’s how you lost a link to the business’s platform that was probably sent to hundreds or thousands of customers in the past who won’t be able to access your business card in the future. A bitter and expensive mistake.
4. Loading speed – everyone knows that a page that loads too slowly will cause the client to abandon the page before it even loads. Check that the business cards you see are loaded quickly. Note that you are in a place with cellular reception and not in an office or business surfing on Wifi which often tends to be slow so that you can test the card’s loading speed.
5. Customer service – quality business cards are built and designed in an individual way and not from a template into which data is entered and it is created by itself. During the year you will find yourself adding services, changing addresses, writing new marketing texts and wanting to refresh the photo gallery. It is important to make sure that the company you work with has dedicated customer service throughout the year and knows how to deal with many customers, and that there is an address for your inquiries that also knows how to integrate the changes correctly and wisely.
6. Clients recommend – as with any product related to digital marketing, we recommend checking what previous clients have written about the company you want to work with.
Do they recommend it, are they satisfied with the end result, did they get value for their money, and are they satisfied with the customer service.
As with any product we purchase, whether it’s in our private life or in our business, we recommend doing a market survey before making a decision.
No one is wiser than someone with experience and in the digital age you can get very high quality information about any business through its reviews.